Automatic sprinkler systems are used more than any other fixed fire protection system and over 40 million sprinklers are fitted worldwide each year.
Losses from fires in buildings protected with sprinklers are estimated to be 1/10 of those in unprotected buildings.
In buildings fully protected by sprinklers:
- 99% of fires were controlled by sprinklers alone
- 60% of fires were controlled by the spray from no more than 4 sprinklers
Commercial Sprinkler Systems
The majority of installed sprinkler systems are very simple in design and operation.
Sprinkler Systems require a water supply from either the mains or a dedicated water tank, with a series of pipes and valves that feed water from the supply to the sprinkler heads, which are strategically placed throughout the protected area.
ACE FP manage a service which complies with the latest commercial sprinkler legislation and include the following…
- Wet systems
- Dry systems
- Deluge systems
- Alternate systems
- Foam systems
- Electrical and diesel fire pumps
- Hose reels
Inspection procedure includes…
- Operating control valves and testing tamper switches
- Ensuring local and electronic alarm devices function properly
- Operating inspectors test valves to ensure operation of flow switch(s)
- Performing flow test on system or pumps
- Inspecting sprinkler heads for rating, damage, obstructions or corrosion
- Testing water flow and operation of fire pumps and jockey pumps
- Trip testing dry-pipe, pre-action and deluge valves as applicable
- Inspecting gravity tanks, reservoirs and pressure tanks
- Replacing rubber seals on valve sets
- ACE FP provide a detailed report of the operation and conditions of your system